When working long hours on the computer it's important to look after your eyes. I've found myself getting eye strain a lot when I focus too much on coding for long hours. It's really easy to do these days when we spend most of our lives either looking at a computer screen or a phone screen for very long hours.
When you are younger sometimes you can get away with it, but as you get older you may find it happening more like I have. Here are a few tips you can do too keep your eyes from getting worse during those long sessions.
- Take a break each hour by just focusing on other things. Like going out and looking at something in the distance. The eye uses different muscles when focusing far away as opposed to short distances.
- Do eye exercises. Look right, left, up down. Then close your eyes and gently hold the forehead down to give them a small break.
- Make sure to go see if you need glasses getting your eyes checked out at the optometrist
- You can purchase eye drops that help relieve dry eyes
- In extreme cases wear an eye patch to let the sore eye have a rest
Above all else, as much as we hate it sometimes we need to just have a break from the computer. Something I find very hard to do myself.
Posted on by Eggy